Top Coleman Tents Review for 2016 – Roomy and Easy to Set Up Camping TentsJanuary 14, 2016
MSR Camping Tent Reviews 2016 – Lightweight Backpacking TentsJanuary 17, 2016
Not only are the cool camping tents reviewed here easy to set up, they also look great.
In addition to being roomy, these awesome tents are easy to erect and take down, have a robust and stable construction that can withstand the rigours of stormy weather, and have the flexibility to provide an airy, well-ventilated accommodation during warm weather or a dry and comfortable shelter when the weather turns nasty.
Price remains a major consideration that should be balanced with other great features such as waterproofing, cold-resistant and weatherproofing features, spaciousness, and strong poles that ensure tent stability.
The Quechua brand is well reputed in Europe and is the camping brand of the French manufacturer Decathlon, a leading sports brand in the country of "foie gras".
This model is the latest one of the 2 second pop up tent series from the brand which is known for its ease of setup and good waterproofing.
It offers a shoe storage and a small compartment area near the entrance between the bedroom and the flysheet and comes with ears of research in term of waterproofing (fully Lab and field tested, I guess the French know a bit about rain...).
In term of ventilation, this 1 person tent is designed to allow air to circulate between the bedroom and the fly sheet, for more breathability and to limit natural condensation.
- Instant and Easy setup
- Great storage area for a 1 person tent
- Good waterproofing and ventilation. The rainfly is robust. Double Wall for increased protection!
- Good quality zippers, poles and pegs. Reputable brand
- Some users find it hard to setup and/or fold. Make sure you watch the video at the bottom!
- Tent can be a bit small if you are a tall person.
The tent space is large enough to accommodate up to four campers with their own sleeping bags, while a 3-foot awning-style rainfly functions as a porch during good weather. The awning provides additional protection from rain and sun.
- Spacious 8 x 8 –foot footprint with 7-foot center height
- Sturdy 150-denier ripstop polyester and 210-denier nylon bathtub floor
- Awning-style rainfly
- Good ventilation from two side windows
- Quick set up from jointed and connected lightweight aluminum frame
- 60 mph wind rating
- Stow-n-Go guy-lines that store in convenient pockets in the rainfly
- Electrical power cord inlet
- Comes with a canvas carrying bag
- This product has no apparent issues regarding materials and construction
- Some buyers are claiming that this tent is not doing well with heavy rain
- Heavy tent, not suitable for backpacking
The Black Pine Sports Freestander 4-Person
Turbo Tent is made of lightweight ripstop polyester with Thermoguard lining
that provides warmth during cold weather and deflects heat during summer.
The jointed aluminum frame allows quick setup in minutes. The turbo tent has heat-tape sealed, double stitched seams, heavy-duty MAX zippers, and a convenient electrical power cord inlet.
I found one the cheesiest video available on the topic for you guys, hope you enjoy it as much as I did 😉 It will give you a quick overview of the product:
The KingCamp ROMA4 D Shape Inner Door, 4-Person Tent
with Compression Bag is a windproof, tear resistant outdoor shelter that easily accommodates four campers
. With a center height of 6 feet 5 inches, the spacious 205 x 95 inches interior converts into two bedrooms that easily accommodate four campers, with one central big living area.
The tent has a D-shaped door for easy entry and exit, a side door, an inner door with zip window to aid ventilation, and a vestibule that provides sufficient storage space for camping gear.
- Easy setup from three shock-corded fiberglass poles
- Good ventilation provided by the side and front doors and an inner door with an inside zip window
- Spacious living room with 2 bedrooms when the vestibule walls are zipped up to create an additional sleeping area
- Durable and waterproof PU 2000mm flysheet and PU 3000mm floor
- Vestibule for storing gear which converts into a second sleeping area when the walls are zipped up
- Waterproof compression bag for storage and transport
- This product has no apparent issues regarding materials and construction. Not a lot of reviews available online yet
Measuring 9 x 8 feet with a ceiling height of 6.1 inches, campers can comfortably stand erect while moving around. The tent is well ventilated by four large windows with no-see-um mesh, two funnel-flow vents, and two large D-shaped doors.
- Waterproof finish
- Stable with high winds
- Strong and durable Flex-Bow frame with tempered spring steel rods
- Easy to set up and take down
- Comfortable, with ample head room and storage space
- Easily damaged storage bag
- Cumbersome to pack
- Quite Heavy and Bulky
The Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Tent
is easy to setup and is extremely durable and stable
. It can withstand even the most extreme weather conditions, providing a dry and safe shelter for campers.
The premium-grade materials with tight weave and silicon finish make the tent watertight while still allowing for ventilation. The tent has large front and back doors for convenient access, and four windows that provide good air circulation.
Quick video presentation of the tent from Zodiak:
Awesome Camping Tent Designs
This tent is the definition of Cool and Awesome!
Just to clarify so there is no misunderstanding here, that tent has awesome look and design but can be quite a pain to setup as it comes with many different parts.
This model will make great impression in your camp spot and will remind you off the good old "hippie" days.
The tent offers two inner rooms and is really roomy and comfortable. Great for summer!
- Design and Style
- Roomy (can accomodate up to 4 people) and good height (you can stand up inside it)
- Available in different colours
- Vented windows and comes with free standing poles
- Tent is quite narrow
- No screened windows so not optimal for ventilation
- Engine not included...
This cool tent is actually a tent-hammock hybrid that you can attach to a tree while keeping the same level of comfort than with a regular tent.
It can host two guests and is made of stainless steel bottom frame and includes metal hooks and carabiners as well as straps, and many other features making it a heavy tent not suited for backpacking (around 29 lbs...). It is spacious and comfortable with a large base (7.2 ft. x 4.25 ft) and height averaging 3.6 ft.
It includes a large number of opening and windows for increased ventilation and sky-gazing features. Also has an inner liner so you can protect yourself from rain, condensation and wetness.
- Design and features. Good crossover between tent and hammock!
- Really good japan-made quality materials
- Great dimensions, easily feats two persons
- Top ventilation and breathability
- Quite heavy (around 29 lbs, 13.5 kg)
- The price tag
These cool camping tents are ideal for families and groups who enjoy nature treks and outdoor sports. These tents provide a second home outdoors, with roomy, comfortable interiors that remain dry and cozy even in bad weather conditions.
The KingCamp ROMA4 tent is the top pick from the trendy camping tents in this review. It is lower-priced, provides easy setup with the color-coded pole sleeves, has a roomy interior with an awning or front curtain that provides additional shade, and provides a dry and comfortable shelter in stormy weather. The tent is a stable shelter in fair and stormy weather, with a fiberglass body that employs Energy Corners to improve tent stability in high winds
The Black Pine Sports Freestander tent is the second cool tent pick for hunters and campers who require a rugged, easy-to-set-up shelter that offers portability with lightweight, durable materials. The polyurethane coated tent is durable and waterproof, and provides ample protection against the hot rays of the sun. Weighing about 31 pounds including the stakes, it comes with a convenient canvas bag for storage and transport. The tent withstands winds of up to 60 mph and gusts of 70 mph, providing a comfortable, stable shelter during hot and cold months.
The Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow tent is the third choice among these cool camping tents, though it excels in terms of waterproofing, stability, and durability. The big drawback with this tent is its heavy weight. Other than the weight that can be cumbersome particularly when wet, the tent offers convenient features like the no-see-um mesh screens that keeps out even the smallest insects, customizable gear organizer system, and a large awning that shades the door.